Your child will love exploring with us at camp!
Camp is open to all children grades K-6.
Your child will be immersed in discovering new things, growing friendships and exploring fantastic activities at Redeemer Renaissance! It is critical for children, especially now, to attend camp where they are supported by caring staff as they grow and develop their social, physical, and emotional skills. We will continue to follow essential business guidelines recommended by the VA Department of Health, VA Department of Social Services, and the CDC regarding cleaning, sanitizing, screening, and social distancing. Masks will be required.
Camp days will feature invitations to all in the form of active games, arts & crafts, creative play and one of our favorites, interactive D.E.A.R. time (Drop Everything And Read). Think of things such as Silly Olympics, music and dance, painting, basketball, pet worms, reverse engineering, guessing jars, water games, giant bubbles, floor hockey, butterfly garden and bird feeders, scooter toe tag, paper mache, Lego challenges, sprinklers, slime, ladder ball, sand art, croquet, kickball, lava lamps, moon sand, plays, decoupage vases, rubber band bracelets, ball launchers, tumbling, solar oven s’mores, and more!
Each day begins with open gym and special art tables. A short morning meeting follows where children share and meet new friends, building excitement about the plan for the day! We are very fortunate that our facility offers a variety of spaces for activities that are professionally cleaned and sanitized:
- Outdoor natural play areas and 2 playgrounds
- Full-size gym
- Lego room
- Outdoor classroom
- Reading corner
- Carpeted pod area
- Outdoor and indoor eating areas
- Activity Hall
- Relaxation stations – campers may have time to unwind or take a break from their mask
Here is a general schedule of planned onsite activities for each week:
Monday – STEM Project & Movie Magic & Popcorn
Tuesday – Water Play Adventures & Outdoor Nature Project
Wednesday – Performance Day & STEAM Art Project
Thursday – Sports, Spirit Day & Silly Olympics
Friday – Water Play Adventures & STEM Project
**Onsite performances employ social distancing measures.
Some special performance highlights for Summer Camp 2022:
Outdoor Laser Tag Events – Game Truck
Kids Nature Shows – Caroline Seitz
Mad Science “Reactions in Action” Make and Take – Will Naron
Magic Workshop – Brian Curry
Young at Art – Pamela Saunders
Under the Sea Live Animal Presentations – Andrew Wilson
To view Summer Camp 2022 Highlights click here.
Field trips, such as Volcano Island, Imagination Stage, Fairfax Ice Arena, Wolf Trap Theatre in the Woods, Jefferson Falls Mini Golf, Skate-n-Fun Zone, Chuck E. Cheese, Bowling, AMC Movie Theater, and Fairfax Ice Arena to be announced if it is deemed safe.
- Dates: June 13th – August 12th
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. During these hours, children may arrive and depart when it is convenient.
- Cost: $400 per week.
- Space is limited, due to guidelines for safety.
- Closed July 4th – July 8th in observance of Independence Day.
- A deposit of 50% of the total for June, July and August camp dates is due at the time of registration. This deposit is non-refundable.
- The remaining 50% of camp fees for June, July and August camp dates is due April 18th, 2022. Once paid, camp fees are non-refundable.
- If payment is not received, reserved dates will be released.
- All deposits and remaining balance payments are non-refundable once paid.
- A non-refundable late fee of $20 per child will be charged for payment or registration after April 18th.
- Payment can be made by cash, check or for those enrolled in the After-School or Day Program, electronic funds transfer via Simply Giving. Once payments are made, they are not refundable. Families wishing to use the EFT option to make a payment must email their request to email@example.com.
- If this payment policy presents an undue burden, please contact Redeemer Renaissance prior to the due date.
- Please mail or drop off payments: RRASP, 1545 Chain Bridge Road, McLean, VA, 22101.
Please provide a mask for your child.
Please provide a lunch for your child. Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided by Redeemer Renaissance.
Please provide swimwear and a towel on Water Activity days.
Please provide insect repellent and sunblock for your child.
Forms required for camp attendance can be found here. A Medical Consent Form must accompany insect repellent and sunblock.
For questions or to make a late registration request please call 703-356-3346 ext. 106.
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org